In modern day construction, a vapour barrier must go beyond simply restricting the passage of moist air within floor, wall and roof constructions.
With fire safety an ever-increasing cause for concern, it must also help safeguard building inhabitants from the preventable spread of fire, and that’s precisely what the Visqueen A2 Vapour Barrier does.
By working to keep air, vapour and any possible fires under control, this reinforced aluminium control layer helps to futureproof your building projects in more ways than one.
Why choose the Visqueen A2 Vapour Barrier?
The Visqueen name has long been recognised as one of the leading manufacturers of advanced membrane technologies, and it’s not hard to see why.
The design and manufacture of the A2 Vapour Barrier ensures a number of market-leading benefits, including:
- Reduced interstitial condensation – Thanks to the A2 Vapour Barrier’s multi-layer aluminium structure, it can effectively reduce the risk of interstitial condensation occurring, thus protecting the wooden and metal elements of a building.
- Greater fire protection – With a high fire classification of A2 – s1 d0, this product is completely non-combustible and produces little to no smoke and no flaming droplets during combustion. This ensures both the structure and any building inhabitants are better protected.
- Versatile application – Suitable for use within floor, wall and roof constructions, the Visqueen A2 Vapour Barrier can be used across multiple projects for humidity classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. This versatility makes for a much simpler procurement process.
- Easy installation – Unlike other vapour control layers on the market (which are folded), this product is supplied in single wound rolls, making for easy and rapid installation on site.
Approvals and Standards
Our focus here at Grayson has always been procuring the highest quality construction consumables from the most reputable manufacturers, so it will come as no surprise that approvals and standards are important to us.
Unsurprisingly, the Visqueen A2 Vapour Barrier comes with multiple seals of approval:
- Achieves a reaction to fire classification A2 – s1, d0 to BS EN 13501-1:2018
- BS 5250:2021 Management of moisture in buildings – code of practice
- UKCA CE UKNI Mark EN 13984:2013
- Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015
- Occupational Health and Safety System ISO 45001:2018
- Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015