A high-quality and fully compliant damp proofing system needs to protect from more than the ingress of water. It must also safeguard building inhabitants from the preventable spread of fire.
The Visqueen Non-Combustible Damp Proof Course (DPC) is a flexible 0.6mm composite DPC and cavity tray system made entirely of non-combustible materials, making it fully compliant with the building regulations of England, Wales, and Scotland.
Supplied in 20m length rolls and various widths, this lightweight yet tear-resistant system is suitable for all cavity wall constructions, regardless of height, that include a masonry outer leaf.
The complete range
The Visqueen NC DPC system is made up of several components, all of which have been tested and certified non-combustible:
When used together, this system is suitable for all wall constructions, including residential, commercial, and multi-storey buildings, where a cavity tray is required. This includes:
- As a Jamb DPC
- As a site formed built-in or a surface fixed cavity tray
- At complex or awkward junctions (when using the Preformed Units)
Providing the ultimate fire resistance
The system achieves a reaction to fire classification A2 – s1, d0, meaning:
- It is non-combustible (A2)
- It results in little or no smoke propagation within the first 10 minutes of exposure (s1)
- It results in no flaming droplets and particles within the first 10 minutes of exposure (d0)
This makes the system fully compliant with the requirements of The Building Regulations 2010 (England and Wales) (as amended) and The Building (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (as amended).
It has also been independently tested and certified as non-combustible by Warrington Fire.
Other approvals and standards
- CE Mark EN 14909:2012 – Flexible sheets for waterproofing
- Shear strength tested to BS EN 1052-4:2000 Methods of test for masonry – Part 4
- Flexural mortar bond strength tested in accordance with DD 86-1:1983
- Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015
- Occupational Health and Safety System ISO 18001:2007
- Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015