Cavity wall weeps or cavity drain units should always be installed in cavity masonry walls to allow drainage at regular intervals. They are required at ground floor, below DPC level, and must also be provided as part of any cavity tray run, including roof abutment trays, over lintels and continuous cavity tray systems, such as gas protection barrier systems.
Unfortunately, many sites are still providing a weep hole facility by simply leaving the perpend joints between bricks open, these open joints are prone to being filled.
Perpendicular joints left open can be very noticeable and result in an infestation of nest building insect and small mammals and allow the ingress of driving wind and rain, which leads to the need for a proprietary weep unit such as the InvisiweepNC. InvisiweepNC has been designed and flow tested to optimise the discharge of water while meeting the requirement for a small concealed outlet size.
Features & Benefits:
- High pressure diecast in A1 non-combustible metal protected by an electroplated coating.
- Classified as A1, non-combustible, no contribution to fire without the need for testing according to European Commission paper 96/603/EC and BS EN 13501-1:2018
- Integral 4mm vermin barrier and rainwater baffle as recommended to reduce ingress of large nest building insects, mammals and rainwater penetration to the cavity
- External ribs & tapered profile, to key into mortar for secured fixing
- Full height upstand to cavity side, to maintain drainage and minimise the impact on blockage from cavity cement build up
- Discrete water outlet, to minimise the impact and reduce visibility for a truly concealed wall weep
- Venturi effect outlet tube to reduce pressure, allowing for optimal water drainage
|Height||Width||Length||Colour||Pack Quantity||Product Code|