As a construction consumables supplier with close connections to many of the country’s biggest brickwork contractors, we understand how frustrating it is ordering different wall ties for various applications. That’s why we stock the ultra-versatile 2000 Range Wall Tie.
This expertly engineered tie can operate as a cavity, movement and collar joint tie and is available here at Grayson for next day delivery.
The ultra-versatile wall tie
Unlike other formed ties on the market today, the multi-purpose 2000 Range can be used in three different on-site applications:
- Its first use is as a cavity tie, where it can be classified as a Type 1 tie in line with PD6697
- Its second use is as a movement tie* when a standard debonding sleeve is added
- The third use of the product is as a collar joint tie*
* 200mm and 225mm only.
Having a wall tie that fulfils three different roles means fewer products are needed on site, which naturally comes with several benefits. Not only will there be less confusion for bricklayers, but any leftover stock can be used in a different application.
What else makes the 2000 Range Wall Tie industry-leading?
- Smooth rounded edges – These ensure that on-site injuries are avoided.
- A1 fire rating – This makes the tie perfect for non-combustible cavity requirements.
- Defined embedment markings at 62.5mm – Checks on whether the cavity ties have been installed correctly are easy thanks to these markings.
- It reduces thermal transfer – The reduced cross-sectional area means less thermal transfer across the cavity when compared to other ties, helping to achieve U-values.
- 60-year design life – A requirement stipulated by all warranty providers