The 3000 Range Tie is a versatile multi-purpose frame cramp designed in compliance with the requirements of BS EN 845-1. This tie is engineered to link a masonry panel to a diverse array of structures or substrates, making it a flexible solution for numerous applications on site. Thanks to its advanced punched and pressed profile, the tie can withstand high loads due to its increased sectional properties.
Movement Tie Capability:
An additional feature of the 3000 Range Tie is its potential to function as a movement tie. This design allows it to connect two panels of masonry at a vertical movement joint. While offering lateral resistance to wind loading, it also accommodates the expansion and contraction of the masonry panel to prevent cracking. Used in conjunction with a debonding sleeve, it is designed to facilitate in-axis movement of up to +/- 10mm.
Design and Material:
The tie’s formed section and integrated drip features act to prevent water from crossing the cavity. It is intended for use with a minimum mortar joint thickness of 10mm. The 3000 Range Tie is available in Grades 304 (BS EN 1.4301) and Grade 316 (BS EN 1.4401) austenitic stainless steel, ensuring durability and resistance to corrosion.
The 3000 Range Tie is a stainless steel product that fulfills the requirements for an A1 classification without testing. As per document 96/603/EC, the ACS 3000 Range Tie, due to its stainless steel composition, falls into the category of A (“No contribution to fire”) and is considered non-combustible. No further testing is required in this regard.
The innovative design of the 3000 Range Tie has enabled a reduction in cross-sectional area while still achieving high load capacities. This reduction introduces the benefit of reduced thermal transfer across the cavity compared to other ties. The cross-sectional area of the tie is 24mm². Stainless steel has a thermal conductivity of 17W/mK. Using these figures, the impact of wall ties on the panel can be calculated.
Designed in accordance with BS EN 845-1 standards, the 3000 range is a versatile de-bondable frame cramp. It is engineered to tie a masonry panel back to a variety of structures and substrates. Its versatility means that a single frame cramp can be employed for a range of on-site applications, including serving as both a cavity tie and a movement tie when used with a de-bonding sleeve.
- Compliant with BS EN 845-1: This product has been designed in accordance with the specifications and standards set out by the British Standard for structural use of masonry, ensuring its reliability and performance.
- Integrated Safety and Drip Features: The tie comes with built-in safety features to protect against failure and a drip feature that allows for moisture to drop off, preventing it from crossing the cavity.
- Expertly Designed Profile: The unique design of this tie enhances its strength, installation ease, and overall performance.
- Clearly Defined Embedment Markings: Embedment markings at 62.5mm are clearly indicated to ensure correct installation and optimal performance.
- CE Marked: The CE marking is a declaration by the manufacturer that the product meets all the appropriate provisions of the relevant legislation implementing certain European directives.
- Lucideon Tested: The 3000 range has undergone rigorous testing by Lucideon, a renowned assurance and testing facility, further assuring its quality and durability.
The 3000 Range Tie represents a perfect balance of strength, flexibility, thermal efficiency, and fire safety, ensuring it meets the diverse needs of modern construction projects. For any further information, please refer to the aforementioned standard.